How to filter what is in view.
For a more advanced filtering of the Wifi Scanner, use the
Filter Tree on the left-hand side of the application. By clicking on certain categories, you can filter by Band, SSID, BSSID, Vendor, Channel Width, Security, and Signal.
To hide the Filter Tree, you can click on the Toggle Switch located above the word “Band”. This will allow you to see just the SSID list.
- Each filter in the Filter Tree has a drop-down icon on the left hand side. Click “Band” you can click either 2.4ghz or 5ghz to sort out the SSID list by either band option.
- You can filter by SSID and check out the networks around you! Helps in searching what is located around you by adding other filters!
- Filtering by BSSID can be very helpful and also notice below that it links the MAC to its correlated vendor brand!
- Filter by Vendor and see what other people are using around you!
- Channel Width is a very important factor in determining Wifi settings! Select the Channel Width you wish to view to better understand your options and the Wifi environment around you.
- View who is using what security protocol around you!